Sunday 6 May 2012

Finding the real God in the real world.

God is a myth  - a fantasy of your imagination - you don't really believe in that sort of thing do you?
How can you subject yourself to that way of thinking?

All these statements are from every-day-run-of-the-mill ordinary people that you would meet anytime anywhere in our world.

People who work with you - people you see at school - even people you may meet in some churches.

My God is very real indeed - I must admit He wasn't always like that to me so in lots of ways that is why I am so passionate about telling His and my story and how he saved my life - a life of addiction to sin and jumping around from one calamity to another - putting on a face to the world on Sundays and another face entirely through the week.

So saying all that where does it leave us:-

Are you struggling with a sin  that you seemingly can't control?

Jesus has the answer - I know that sounds trite it did to me as well for years and years -until one day I came face to face with Almighty God - the God of creation. It wasn't until I realised that God is loving and kind (a fact which I already knew) BUT...

He is also terrifying and just and because he is so just He can't just over look your sin!

What sort of mamby pamby fuzzy wuzzy sort of God is that? NO! Sin has to be Punished.

That is why Jesus came to take our sin and kill it on the cross - Jesus conquered death when He rose again. Jesus took the punishment that should have been yours and mine!

I used to sin so easily - always the same sin saying to myself -"God is so loving and kind - I'll say sorry and he will forgive me" Duh NO....

I remember the day so clearly that God knocked me off my feet with the realisation that heaven is real and so is hell and I had to put everything into God's hands not just pretend - God hates pretence - He wants the lot!

Jesus's love for me is TOTAL! His commitment to me is TOTAL! and my response to Jesus Christ should be TOTAL!

When I came to that realisation through I believe the work of The Holy Spirit an amazing transformation happened in my life......

God's presence through the Holy Spirit exploded into my life, closer to me than I ever imagined. How can I keep on sinning with God so close to me? The desire to sin has gone.

Does that mean I will never sin again - of course not - but the addiction to sin has certainly gone - God is my helper, my strength and my comforter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Human love - super romantic and amazing!

Sometimes it is hard to give up on something you love - especially when that impinges on your family or your life in so many different ways ...