Thursday 17 May 2012

Roaring lions and bungee jumping!

Well what a week - this week I've been convicted, again I may add, of just how smart and cunning is our old adversary Satan!

It never ceases to amaze me just how fast I, and I guess heaps of other people, can fall into sin - You take your eyes of Christ for a few seconds and POW! there it is - fallen again

And I might add these are the sins we are aware of. There must be trillions of other ones we haven't even known existed all cluttering up our lives and maybe even jeopardising our relationship with Christ.

So there you are - my week has been one of learning over again just how much we all constantly need the forgiveness of our lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I took my eyes off the goal and was attacked by putting myself above others and the need for vengeance - what could it be for you?

Immediately asking forgiveness when the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin is the only way to stay close to the Lord - We will certainly be made aware of our sin if we are aware of the closeness of God.

We need Jesus every hour every minute - Peter tells us that "Satan prowls around like a roaring lion seeking out whom he can devour." I'm not going to fall prey to him like that! - Jesus is my Lord and my King and He alone is who I will serve.

It's awesome to me that Jesus did what he did over 2000 years ago - that my sin was there mingled with the others and like the physical burden of his cross they too were laid on His shoulders. Man, what a burden to carry and he did it so willingly for you and me.

What is also quite incredible is that he never lets me go - In Hebrews 13 it says "I will never leave you or forsake you" and I have proved that over and over again.

It's like bungee jumping (Not that I would ever attempt that!). You can free fall for ages and at will - but around you is the everlasting arms always willing to pull you back to himself and save you from a disastrous crash at the bottom.

We may wander away from Jesus, often deliberately often led by those around around us - maybe even clinging to a loved and cherished idol that we have created and have become addicted to but always always are those arms of Jesus around us begging us to come home with Him.

Next blog the question of 'deliberate sin' and where it will lead - interesting and sometimes confusing.


1 comment:

  1. Again it is just a pleasure to read your blog Bruce. It also allows me time to reflect and find my path again. How easy it is to get waylayed by Satan himself. My point is "if only"! If only I listen more, focused more and accepted others more, maybe I would be more aware of the traps set for me.
    I also love and appreciate views from the other side, which bring me back to earth, guess that is what fellowship is all about!
    Love to you two, from Suzanne and me

    ReplyDelete

Human love - super romantic and amazing!

Sometimes it is hard to give up on something you love - especially when that impinges on your family or your life in so many different ways ...