Monday 29 April 2013

Mysteries - great and small!!


WOW! Mysteries - I love em!! - Well sometimes anyway - I must admit that the mysteries of the computer make me frustrated, angry and despairing!!

But other mysteries well that's another matter; the mystery of creation; the universe; the gobsmacking splendour of the galaxy; the rainbows; the beauty of the sunrise; the stillness of star studded skies in the wilderness, all of these can leave me breathless with heaps of unanswered questions...

There is one mystery though that I will never get my head around - and I reckon it is the GREATEST mystery of all time!!

How God saved me is one HUGE mystery and one which I will eternally grateful for.

The plan of salvation is the mystery of mysteries and shows a love that is beyond our minds to comprehend.

God paid the price for my salvation - He took me to be His prize!! Me! that is a mystery that I cannot understand.

I had nothing; proud; deceitful; jealous; I could sin and feel  no compunction; hear of my guilt and remain unhumbled. Then Jesus came!

He changed my life and where I was only ever out to make life better for me, whatever the cost, He made me realise that I was bound to sin; a slave to sin; I was in chains and didn't realise it.

If we come to Jesus, we need to come bearing no gifts; there is nothing we can bring to Him; we owe everything to Him; how then can we bring anything to Him?

It is only through his grace that we can come anywhere near him at all.

Jesus is the King of the dependent: King of the despised; King of the weak; King of the left-outs and King of the hated!

Hated? - Yes Hated; we will be hated by others if we make a stand for Jesus. Left out? Yes certainly we will be left out; not part of the crowd; even despised.

The world at large will not take too kindly to us telling them about the only way to enrich their lives for eternity is to accept the invitation that Jesus brings; Why?

Because to come to Jesus we have to empty ourselves of all we have; we need to be totally dependent on Him bringing our sins; our past; our everything and laying them at the foot of the cross.

We need to leave behind the things of earth; and not place importance on the things that really don't matter. That was one BIG lesson I had to learn - Jesus died for us just as we are.

When He died on the cross, He took my sins up there with Him; when He died so did I in a way; died to sin; I became bound to Jesus through His death when I accepted the gift of freedom that He offered me.

The old life I had is gone - Now I have to rely solely on Him.

I don't know what mysteries lie ahead; have no idea, really what eternity will be like; death doesn't scare me but it is a mystery - an amazing mystery and one where I can be assured of God's amazing promises that where He is I will be also.

I have no idea what lies ahead of me; what trials; what tribulations; what joy; what pain - but I do know whatever happens, Jesus goes before me anyway.

There is nothing that I could possibly go through that he hasn't been there before me; and that He has promised to be with me through everything that happens.

My life is bound up in Jesus - My whole life is in Him.

The very same power that resurrected Jesus; that rolled the stone away; that killed death, is the very same power that saved me and brought me to life with Him.

Jesus paid the price for you and me. His blood bought us life.

When we are weak, then we are strong; God can't use us when we are proud, haughty and full of our own importance. We need to be totally broken in front of Him; totally dependent on Him; giving Him the glory in everything we do.

Glorifying God is when we see God as more important than anything else we are doing or what or who is in our lives.

It is only when we humble ourselves to the His will and let the Holy Spirit infill us will be be even remotely able to kneel before a Holy God.

We have to come to a point in our lives where we realise that can do nothing on our own; all power comes from God.

We can hold nothing back thinking that God can do so much and we can do the rest; we have nothing with which to come to God save his miraculous grace by which we are saved.

It is only when we come to that realisation that He will lift us up and see us through the sacrifice of Jesus; see us washed and clean; free of sin.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Human love - super romantic and amazing!

Sometimes it is hard to give up on something you love - especially when that impinges on your family or your life in so many different ways ...