Monday 30 April 2012

My personal life with Christ

It says in Ezekiel 3:7 "But the house of Israel is not willing to listen to you because they are not willing to listen to me, for the whole house of Israel is hardened and obstinate."

Are there any exceptions - No not even one. If it was like that for Israel Gods chosen - supposedly the 'best' - what must the worst be?

Israel was charged with obstinacy and a hardness of heart; how about us? How are we going in our walk with God?

Before Christ changed my life in a very real way, I could sin and feel no guilt - none whatever - I could be sitting in church and actually hear my guilt from the pulpit and not be humbled at all - I could even confess to God my guilt and yet feel no humiliation. My confession was worthless.

I could go the Lord's house - pretend to pray, pretend to praise - sing all the hymns - learn all the catchphrases - pretend to be a very 'good'  person when deep down I knew I was really only going through the motions and putting on a show.

I had nothing but a heart of stone - I wasn't effected by the death of Jesus. Until one day - one very special day:-

A book was given to me - a book that changed my life - it was through reading this book - not a special book in any way - but God spoke to me in a special way.

It was the first time I caught a glimpse of the awesomeness of God - after all those years of sitting in church and going through the motions.

It was God - a JUST and HOLY God - a God who cannot bear to look on my sin soaked life. A God who is to be feared - a God who is also uncompromisingly full of LOVE and MERCY!
I caught a glimpse of HEAVEN and I caught a glimpse of HELL.

I also caught a glimpse of JESUS - and what He actually had done for me - His whole experience here on earth was pre-ordained by His father before the creation of time - that really blew me away.

I came to the realisation of my whole dependency on Jesus - I fell to my knees and for the first time really opened my heart and life to Him, asked his forgiveness and also for the first time handed EVERYTHING over to Him. NOT just a part - not lip service - but  EVERYTHING, my life, my family the lot.

Learning to trust Jesus is amazing - it has taken me to highs and lows in my life but it has given me such a freedom that I never knew existed.

For me it was a not-so-special book - what is it going to be for you? All you have to be is open to His word and God will work the miracle!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Human love - super romantic and amazing!

Sometimes it is hard to give up on something you love - especially when that impinges on your family or your life in so many different ways ...